AKO also provides an Outlook Connector that can configure your Outlook for AKO Mail, Calendar, and Directory services automatically. For more information on the Outlook Connector please click here.
The following instructions will guide you on configuring Outlook 2003 for your AKO/DKO mail by hand.
- In Outlook open your ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘E-Mail Accounts…’
- Click ‘Add a new account’ and then ‘next’.
- Select IMAP.
- Enter your common name, AKO/DKO email address, and username & password as directed.
- For your Incoming Mail Server enter: imap.us.army.mil
- For your Outgoing Mail server enter: mailrouter.us.army.mil
- “Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” must be unchecked.
- Click the ‘More Settings’ button.
- Click the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Select the option that reads “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.”
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Check all boxes that read “This server requires SSL.”
- For your Incoming (IMAP) port enter: 993
- For your Outgoing (SMTP) port enter: 465
- Click ‘OK’, ‘Next’, and then ‘Finish’ to complete your configuration.
Note: You may need to install the latest DoD Root Certificates before your external client will fully function.
Note: Some ISP’s block the use of an outgoing mail server other than their own. If you are having trouble sending mail please click here.